Thursday, February 02, 2006

Entrepreneurial Branding

I have been reading the book The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding by Al Ries and Laura Ries. I have found it to be very insightful and straight forward. I appreciate the concise language and simple examples. I don't allocate a lot of time to reading everyday so when I find a book that is informative and straight forward I recommend it. There is no fluff. I learned that branding is vital. It often supersedes quality and simple marketing. We buy brands not necessarily quality. Being the leader in a new category is the best way to launch your company into the 50% category of market share. Entrepreneurs can use this principle powerfully. Think about what new category your business venture will fit under and then feed it to the media. It will turn into a PR party. Millions of dollars in free advertising. The news loves things that are new. Set your brand up as the first of it's kind and then as the leader. Entrepreneurs must learn how to leverage branding in order to run a company into high market shares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home